- Check that all connections comply with the connection diagrams.
- Perform a loop back test on two units:
- Connect the two RS-485 ports.
- Connect the two RS-232 ports to two PC RS-232 ports.
- Running hyper terminal programs
on both PCs, send ASCII characters
to the CON-485-PI9 converter from
one PC port, and check that the
characters are received at the 2nd
PC port. Repeat the test in the
opposite direction. This tests that
the transmit and receive functions
of both CON-485-PI9 units are working properly.
Download FREE FULL VERSION AccessPort
Advanced Serial Monitor, Simulation and Data Analysis
Software Tool. This software tool is great for testing converters. Supports Windows 98/XP/VISTA/WIN 7/WIN 8/WIN 10. DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE AND USER MANUAL