- Check that all connections comply with the connection diagrams.
- Perform a loop back test on two units:
- Connect the two RS-485 ports.
- Connect the two RS-232C ports to two PC RS-232 ports.
- Running hyper terminal programs
on both PCs, send ASCII characters
to the CON-485-PIE converter from
one PC port, and check that the
characters are received at the 2nd
PC port. Repeat the test in the
opposite direction. This tests that
the transmit and receive functions
of both CON-485-PIE units are working properly.
Download FREE FULL VERSION AccessPort Advanced Serial
Monitor, Simulation and Data Analysis Software Tool. This
software tool is great for testing converters. Supports Windows 98/XP/VISTA/WIN 7/WIN 8/WIN 10. DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE AND USER MANUAL