- Check that all connections comply with the connection diagrams.
- Perform a loop back test on two units:
- Connect the D+ to D+ and D- to
D- on the USB-485B RS-485 ports.
- Connect the two USB connectors
to the USB ports of the computers.
- Install the USB-485B FTDI
driver on the computer per
- Running hyper terminal programs on both PCs, send ASCII characters to the
USB-485B converter from one PC port, and check that the characters are received at the 2nd PC port. Repeat the test in the opposite direction. This tests that the transmit and receive functions of both
USB-485B units are working properly.
- When there is constant RX data
you should see the GREEN light
blink. When there is constant
TX data you should see the RED light
Download FREE FULL VERSION AccessPort Advanced Serial
Monitor, Simulation and Data Analysis Software Tool. This
software tool is great for testing converters. Supports Windows 98/XP/VISTA/WIN 7/WIN 8/WIN 10. DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE AND USER MANUAL