Multi Mode Gigabit Ethernet to Fiber Optic Converter
Category: Fiber Optic Media Converters
- General Info
The ETH-FIBER-MM-2 is a bi-directional externally powered Gigabit Ethernet to Multi Mode Fiber Optic Converter which converts a standard 10/100/1000M Ethernet to Multi Mode SC or ST connector type fiber optic link. A data direction auto-turnaround feature automatically enables the Ethernet transmit and receive data signals when data is present, avoiding the need for software drivers, and making the device fully plug-and-play. The ETH-FIBER-MM-2 supports straight-through (MDI) or crossover (MDX) cable configurations. The ETH-FIBER-MM-2 has a RJ45 connector for the 10/100/1000 Ethernet port, and either an ST type or SC type connector for the fiber optic link. The unit extends the maximum distance of any 10/100/1000 Ethernet signal up 1.2 miles (2.0 km) using MM fiber optic cable. The unit is enclosed in a rugged steel housing. An external power supply is included.
- Plug-and-Play (Hot-pluggable)
- Externally Powered DC or Included AC Adapter
- Fiber Optic Range of Up to 1.2 miles (2.0 KM)
- Available with ST or SC Type Connectors
- Free Optional DIN Rail Mounts
- Data Direction Auto-turnaround - No Flow Control Necessary
- Built-in 600W Surge and 15KV Static Protection
- 5 year manufacturer's warranty
- RoHS 3, CE, FCC and REACH Certified
30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
5 Year Replacement Warranty!
"Simple and Hassle-Free Operation
No Manual Settings Necessary At All"
2D CAD DRAWINGS AND 3D MODELS
ISO 9001:2015 QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Our internationally recognized ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (Cert. No. 743003912) with a scope of Design, Sales, Distribution of Data Communication and IT Support Services was recognized and certified by TÜV Rheinland of North America known for its very demanding and stringent requirements. For more details see our Quality Policy.
|STANDARDS:||IEEE 802.1 10Base-T, IEEE 802.3u 100Base-T, IEEE 802.3 100Base-FX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T, IEEE 802.3z 10000Base-SX/LX Standards|
|MODEL NUMBERS:||ETH-FIBER-MM-2-ST - ST Connector Version
ETH-FIBER-MM-2-SC - SC Connector Version
|BAUD RATES:||10/100/1000 mbps Half-duplex, 20/200/2000 mbps Full-duplex|
|CONNECTOR TYPES:||DC Input: Male Jack, Ethernet Side: RJ45 Female and Fiber Side: either 2 X ST or 2 X SC Connectors Depending on Selected Model|
|DISTANCE:||10BaseT, 100BaseT or 1000BaseT Side: 328 ft (100m) and Mult-Mode Side: 1.2 miles (2km)|
|CABLING:||CAT 3, 4 or 5|
|DC/AC POWER ADAPTER:||Included 5VDC/(100-240VAC 50/60hz US Type A Plug) 500 mA|
|CURRENT CONSUMPTION:||4 Watts|
|STATIC PROTECTION:||15KV Electric Static Discharge (ESD) Protection|
|SURGE PROTECTION:||600W Surge Protection|
|FIBER OPTIC CABLING:||Compatible with Multi Mode 50/125um or 62.5/125um Fiber Optic Cable|
|HOUSING:||Heavy Duty Steel Housing|
|DIN RAIL:||Free Optional DIN Rail Mounts|
Connector: 8.11oz (230.0 grams)
With SC Connector: 7.82oz (221.6 grams)
Connector: 4.29 X 3.75 X
in (109.0 X 95.0 X 26.6 mm)
With SC Connector: 3.87 X 3.75 X 1.05 in (98.2 X 95.0 X 26.6 mm)
|OPERATING TEMP.:||-4ºF to 167ºF (-20ºC to 75ºC)|
|STORAGE TEMP.:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|OPERATING HUMIDITY:||5% To 95% - No Condensation|
|PRODUCT SAFETY:||CE, FCC and RoHS Conformance Certified|
|QUALITY MANAGEMENT:||Manufactured and Distributed to ISO 9001:2015 QMS|
|RELIABILITY:||Low Failure Rate - 99+% Reliability Since Inception|
|WARRANTY:||5 Year Replacement Warranty|
ETHERNET RJ45 CONNECTOR
|MDI Signal||TX+||TX-||RX+||RX-||Not Connected||Not Connected||Not Connected||Not Connected|
|MDI-X Signal||RX+||RX-||TX+||TX-||Not Connected||Not Connected||Not Connected||Not Connected|
Using one ETH-FIBER-MM-2 unit:
- Perform a loop back test on one unit:
- Plug the power connector to the converter.
- Connect the Ethernet port to the PC.
- Connect the fiber optic in to fiber optic out.
- Running a Ethernet Analyzer program on the PC, send ASCII characters to the ETH-FIBER-MM-2 converter from one PC port, and check that the characters are received at the same PC port. This tests that the transmit and receive functions of the ETH-FIBER-MM-2 unit is working properly.
Using two ETH-FIBER-MM-2 units:
- Check that all connections comply with the connection diagrams.
- Perform a loop back test on two units:
- Plug the power connector to both converters.
- Connect the fiber optic in of one converter and fiber optic out to the other converter.
- Connect the fiber optic out of one converter and fiber optic in of the other converter.
- Connect the Ethernet connections to two Ethernet ports.
- Running the Ethernet Analyzer programs on both PCs, send ASCII characters to the ETH-FIBER-MM-2 converter from one PC port, and check that the characters are received at the 2nd PC port. Repeat the test in the opposite direction. This tests that the transmit and receive functions of both ETH-FIBER-MM-2 units are working properly.
Multi Mode (MM) 10/100/1000M Ethernet to Fiber Optic Converter - LED Indicators
||OFF||Not 1000M Ethernet|
|OFF||Ethernet Port is not Connected|
|FLASHING||Transmitting or Receiving Data|
|SOLID||Ethernet is Connected|
(Fiber Link Port)
|OFF||Ethernet is not Connected|
|SOLID||Ethernet is Connected|
Download FREE FULL VERSION AccessPort Advanced Serial Monitor, Simulation and Data Analysis Software Tool. This software tool is great for testing converters. Supports Windows 98/XP/VISTA/WIN 7/WIN 8/WIN 10. DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE AND USER MANUAL