The ISO-232-8E is an industrial-grade, externally powered, bi-directional 2500V (2500Vrms min AC) optically isolated RS232 port 8 wire isolator in a 9 pin format. The ISO-232-8E optically isolates the 8 lines: TX, RX, CTS, RTS, DTR, DSR, RI and GND which effectively protects your RS232 devices from transient surges, lightning strikes, ground loops and noise issues. This is a high speed isolator which is externally power eliminating the possibility your RS232 devices will not power the converter. It also supports data direction auto-turnaround requiring no flow control. The ISO-232-8E has a DB9 female connector on one RS232 side and a DB9 male connector on the other RS232 side. The unit is enclosed in a heavy duty aluminum housing and includes a power supply and two serial cables for convenience. This converter operates from 300 to 115,200 baud.
- Plug-and-Play (Hot-pluggable)
- No Drivers Need
- High Speed Up to 115.2K Baud
- Supports 9VDC to 48VDC/ 100/240 VAC power input
- 2500Vrms or 500VDC Optical Isolation
- Isolated TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, RI and GND
- Industrial-grade - Heavy Duty Housing
- Data Direction, Auto-turnaround, No Flow Control is Necessary
- Protects RS232 Devices From Electrical Surges and Lightning Strikes
- 2500V (2500Vrms min AC) Optical Isolation Also Elimiinates Ground Loop and Noise Problems
- External Power with 9V to 48VDC or 100-240VAC
- Built-in 600W Surge and 15KV Static protection
- MTBF(Mean Time Before Failure): 306,000 Hours
- 5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- RoHS 3, CE, FCC and REACH Certified
ISO 9001:2015 QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Our internationally recognized ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (Cert. No. 743003912) with a scope of Design, Sales, Distribution of Data Communication and IT Support Services was recognized and certified by TÜV Rheinland of North America known for its very demanding and stringent requirements. For more details see our Quality Policy.
|STANDARDS:||EIA/TIA RS-232C Standard|
|BAUD RATES:||From 300 baud To 115,200 baud|
|CONNECTOR TYPES:||RS-232 Side: DB9 Female and RS-232 Side: DB9 Male|
|DISTANCE:||Both RS-232 Sides: 16 ft (5m)|
|POWER SOURCE:||9VDC to 48VDC|
|DC/AC POWER ADAPTER:||Included 9VDC / ( 100 - 240 VAC 50/60 HZ US Type A Plug) 500mA|
|OPTICAL ISOLATION:||2500V (2500Vrms 1min, AC) or Continuous 500VDC|
|CURRENT CONSUMPTION:||Less Than 100 mA|
|STATIC PROTECTION:||15KV Electric Static Discharge (ESD) Protection|
|SURGE PROTECTION:||600W Surge Protection|
|HOUSING:||Heavy Duty Aluminum|
|WEIGHT:||4.0oz (114 grams)|
|DIMENSIONS:||4.91 X 2.18 X 0.98 in (124.7 X 55.0 X 24.9 mm)|
|OPERATING TEMP.:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|STORAGE TEMP.:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|OPERATING HUMIDITY:||5% To 95% - No Condensation|
|PRODUCT SAFETY:||CE, FCC and RoHS Conformance Certified|
|QUALITY MANAGEMENT:||Manufactured and Distributed to ISO 9001:2015 QMS|
|MEAN TIME BEFORE FAILURE:||306,000 Hours|
|RELIABILITY:||Low Failure Rate - 99+% Reliability Since Inception|
|WARRANTY:||5 Year Replacement Warranty|
RS232 Side DB9 Female
RS232 Side DB9 Male
Using one ISO-232-8E unit:
- Check that all connections comply with the connection diagrams.
- Perform a loop back test on one unit:
- Connect the power adapter to the ISO-232-8E
- Connect the ISO-232-8E in between RS-232 path.
- If there is continuity in the data stream then it is working. If the ISO-232-8E is not being powered it will not work at all.
- When power is on the RED light will be on. When data is being transmitted the GREEN light will flash. When data is being received the YELLOW light will flash.
Download FREE FULL VERSION AccessPort Advanced Serial Monitor, Simulation and Data Analysis Software Tool. This software tool is great for testing converters. Supports Windows 98/XP/VISTA/WIN 7/WIN 8/WIN 10. DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE AND USER MANUAL