The CON-485-PE25 is a bi-directional port powered RS232 to RS485 converter which converts a full-duplex RS232 port to a half-duplex two-wire RS485 port. A built-in data direction auto-turnaround feature automatically enables the RS485 driver when data is present from the RS232 port, eliminating the need for software drivers, and making the device fully plug-and-play. The CON-485-PE25 has a DB25 female connector on the RS232 serial port, and DB25 male connector on the RS485 port. The unit is enclosed in a rugged ABS housing, and is powered from the RS232 data lines; no external power is required. This converter operates from 300 to 115.2K bps.
- Plug-and-Play (Device is Hot-pluggable)
- No Drivers Needed
- Port Powered: No External Power is Necessary
- Data Direction, Auto-turnaround, No Flow Control is Necessary
- Built-in 600W Surge and 15KV Static Protection
- 5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- RoHS 3, CE, FCC and REACH Certified
ISO 9001:2015 QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Our internationally recognized ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (Cert. No. 743003912) with a scope of Design, Sales, Distribution of Data Communication and IT Support Services was recognized and certified by TÜV Rheinland of North America known for its very demanding and stringent requirements. For more details see our Quality Policy.
|STANDARDS:||EIA/TIA RS-232C Standard and RS-485 Standard|
|BAUD RATES:||From 300 bps To 115,200 bps|
|CONNECTOR TYPES:||RS-232 Side: DB25 Female; RS-485 Side: DB25 Male|
|DISTANCE:||RS-232 Side: 16 ft (5m) and RS-485 Side: up to 4000 ft (1.2km)|
|MAX # OF CONNECTIONS:||32 Connection Drops|
|POWER SOURCE:||Port Powered From RS-232 Data Lines|
|CURRENT CONSUMPTION:||Less Than 10 mA|
|STATIC PROTECTION:||15KV Electric Static Discharge (ESD) Protection|
|SURGE PROTECTION:||600W Surge Protection|
|CONVERSION IC:||Maxim MAX13487 - For more information from Maxim; follow this link.|
|WEIGHT:||1.3oz (38 grams)|
|DIMENSIONS:||2.41 X 2.19 X 0.67 in (61.0 X 55.6 X 16.9 mm)|
|OPERATING TEMP.:||-4ºF to 140ºF (-20ºC to 60ºC)|
|STORAGE TEMP.:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|OPERATING HUMIDITY:||5% To 95% - No Condensation|
|PRODUCT SAFETY:||CE, FCC and RoHS Conformance Certified|
|QUALITY MANAGEMENT:||Manufactured and Distributed to ISO 9001:2015 QMS|
|RELIABILITY:||Low Failure Rate - 99+% Reliability Since Inception|
|WARRANTY:||5 Year Replacement Warranty|
RS232 SIDE DB25 Female
RS485 Side DB25 Male
Using two CON-485-PE25 units:
- Check that all connections comply with the connection diagrams.
- Perform a loop back test on two units:
- Connect the two RS-485 ports.
- Connect the two RS-232 ports to two PC RS-232 ports.
- Running hyper terminal programs on both PCs, send ASCII characters to the CON-485-PE25 converter from one PC port, and check that the characters are received at the 2nd PC port. Repeat the test in the opposite direction. This tests that the transmit and receive functions of both CON-485-PE25 units are working properly.
Download FREE FULL VERSION AccessPort Advanced Serial Monitor, Simulation and Data Analysis Software Tool. This software tool is great for testing converters. Supports Windows 98/XP/VISTA/WIN 7/WIN 8/WIN 10. DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE AND USER MANUAL