Industrial Compact RS232 to RS485 Converter
Category: RS232 to RS485 Converters
- General Info
The CON-485-PI9 is a industrial compact bi-directional port- powered RS232 to RS485 converter which converts a full-duplex RS232 port to a half-duplex two-wire balanced RS485 port. It has a compact design for space restricted applications. A built-in data direction auto-turnaround feature automatically enables the RS-485 driver when data is present from the RS232 port, eliminating the need for software drivers, and making the device fully plug-and-play. The CON-485-PI9 has a DB9 female connector on the RS232 serial port, and 3 position terminal block on the RS485 port. The terminal block unplugs for convenience. The unit is enclosed in a rugged ABS housing, and is powered from the RS232 data lines; no external power is required. This converter operates from 300 to 115,200 baud.
- Plug-and-Play (Device is Hot-pluggable)
- No Drivers Needed
- Port Powered: No External Power is Necessary
- Data Direction, Auto-turnaround, No Flow Control is Necessary
- Built-in 600W Surge and 15KV Static Protection
- 5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- RoHS 3, CE, FCC and REACH Certified
- Surface Mount RoHS Compliant Technology
30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
5 Year Replacement Warranty!
2D CAD DRAWINGS AND 3D MODELS
ISO 9001:2015 QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Our internationally recognized ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (Cert. No. 743003912) with a scope of Design, Sales, Distribution of Data Communication and IT Support Services was recognized and certified by TÜV Rheinland of North America known for its very demanding and stringent requirements. For more details see our Quality Policy.
|STANDARDS:||EIA/TIA RS-232C Standard and RS-485 Standard|
|BAUD RATES:||From 300 baud To 115,200 baud|
|CONNECTOR TYPES:||RS-232 Side: DB9 Female and RS-485 Side: 4-way Terminal Block|
|DISTANCE:||RS-232 Side: 16 ft (5m) and RS-485 Side: up to 4000 ft (1.2km)|
|MAX # OF CONNECTIONS:||128 Connection Drops|
|POWER SOURCE:||Port Powered From RS-232 Data Lines|
|CURRENT CONSUMPTION:||Less Than 10 mA|
|STATIC PROTECTION:||15KV Electric Static Discharge (ESD) Protection|
|SURGE PROTECTION:||600W Surge Protection|
|WEIGHT:||0.8oz (24 grams)|
|DIMENSIONS:||2.80 X 1.33 X 0.66 in (71.2 X 33.8 X 16.8 mm)|
|OPERATING TEMP.:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|STORAGE TEMP.:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|OPERATING HUMIDITY:||5% To 95% - No Condensation|
|PRODUCT SAFETY:||CE, FCC and RoHS Conformance Certified|
|QUALITY MANAGEMENT:||Manufactured and Distributed to ISO 9001:2015 QMS|
|RELIABILITY:||Low Failure Rate - 99+% Reliability Since Inception|
|WARRANTY:||5 Year Replacement Warranty|
RS232 SIDE DB9 Female
RS485 Side DB9 Male or Terminal Block
INDUSTRIAL CONVERTER HIGH SENSITIVITY, 128 DROPS, HIGH TEMP.
Using two CON-485-PI9 units:
- Check that all connections comply with the connection diagrams.
- Perform a loop back test on two units:
- Connect the two RS-485 ports.
- Connect the two RS-232 ports to two PC RS-232 ports.
- Running hyper terminal programs on both PCs, send ASCII characters to the CON-485-PI9 converter from one PC port, and check that the characters are received at the 2nd PC port. Repeat the test in the opposite direction. This tests that the transmit and receive functions of both CON-485-PI9 units are working properly.
Download FREE FULL VERSION AccessPort Advanced Serial Monitor, Simulation and Data Analysis Software Tool. This software tool is great for testing converters. Supports Windows 98/XP/VISTA/WIN 7/WIN 8/WIN 10. DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE AND USER MANUAL